Did you know that LinkedIn is one of the best platforms for content marketing?
With more than 380 million members, LinkedIn is a great channel for personal branding and is the most popular social network for professionals all around the world.
With millions of registered users LinkedIn is surpassing other platforms as the premier social media outlet for businesses and professionals. When it comes to job search, networking and lead generation—LinkedIn is the best social networking platform.
With over millions of LinkedIn users thriving to be the eye candy of the viewers, you need to make sure that your LinkedIn profile is able to grab the right kind of attention and stands out from the crowd.
Just like any other type of online marketing, having an Optimized LinkedIn profile is a must-have in order to experience the best results. It must be taken into consideration that optimization takes more than merely creating a profile and waiting for people to magically find you.
To help you better understand how to create an optimized LinkedIn profile, I created this infographic to help you become a star on LinkedIN.
LinkedIn Profile Tips to create a perfect LinkedIn
How to create a headline to improve LinkedIn Profile
- Craft a headline such that it acts as a mini value proposition using verbs and other active language.
Use a current professional profile picture to optimize LinkedIn profile
- Profiles with pictures elicit a 40% InMail response rate.
- Your LinkedIn has 11 times more chances to get viewed if you add your picture.
Add a LinkedIn background photo to your personal profile
- Give your LinkedIn profile a little bit more personality by adding a background photo of your own.
How Contact Information would help you create a perfect LinkedIn profile
Your Profile Should include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Twitter Handle
- Company Website
Write a short and direct description about yourself to improve LinkedIn profile
- 6% users use LinkedIn for reconnecting with past business associates.
Customize your public profile URL to optimize LinkedIn profile
Make your personal profile look more professional (and much easier to share) by customizing your LinkedIn public profile URL.
Search Engine Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- You can also optimize your profile to get found by people searching LinkedIn for key terms with which you want to be associated.
Optimize the anchor text for the blog/website links on your LinkedIn profile
- You can customize the anchor text in your URLs by selecting the “Other” option. Use a keyword-rich title.
- If you want to increase clicks on the website links you display there, change those links’ anchor text to something more attention-grabbing than the standard options LinkedIn provides.
Emphasize Your Professional Skills to optimize LinkedIn profile
- Your LinkedIn profile has 13 times more chances to get viewed if you add your skills.
- 10 million endorsements are given every day. On average each user gets 5 endorsements.
- Get quickendorsements from your connections for your professional skills by asking for endorsements and endorsing others.
Promote Your Projects on LinkedIn
You can use the Projects section to highlight products, services or other projects.
- By adding this section, it will allow you to name your project and input a URL, leading the viewer to the project’s website and thus creating an inbound link.
Add Your Publication on LinkedIn
- To boost your credibility you can add articles about you or written by you.
Join Groups on LinkedIn
- Find groups related to your industry or niche then join them and be an active participant in two or three of them.
- You are allowed to join upto 50 LinkedIn Groups.
- Only 16% of LinkedIn members are in the maximum number of groups allowed.
Share Your Honors and Awards to optimize your LinkedIn profile
- The Honors & Awards section is where you can highlight notable lists and mentions you’ve received from recognized authorities and publications in your industry.
Publicize Your Interests on LinkedIn
- You can use this section to optimize your profile for specific keywords, highlight publications that you may contribute to and showcase your customers.
Aggressively Expand Your Network on LinkedIn
When asking to connect with someone, use “we’ve done business together” rather than “friend.
- Be sure to personalize any requests to connect with people.
Showcase Volunteer Experience, Organizations and Causes You Care About.
According to LinkedIn, 42% of hiring managers surveyed said they view volunteer experience equal to formal work experience.
- One in five hiring managers has chosen a candidate based on his or her volunteer experience.
Be active on LinkedIn
- 40% of LinkedIn users check LinkedIn on a daily basis.
- It takes at least 20 posts/month to reach 60% of your LinkedIn audience.
Best Time To Post on LinkedIn
The best date and time to post on LinkedIn is Tuesday, 10-11am Est.
- LinkedIn Updates during 10am-2pm EST get the most shares.